Monday- Roasted Cauliflower Steaks, Creamy Shell Salad
Tuesday- Chipotle Style Bean and Rice Bowl
Wednesday- Italian Chopped Salad with Penne
Thursday- Vegan BBQ Veggie Pizza
Friday- Zucchini Spaghetti, Salad
- Remember to only buy what you need, not what you have! A quick check of your pantry and fridge might save you $$ and time.
- If your spice collections is small your cost will be higher at the start, but your tastebuds will thank you for your purchases.
Red pepper flakes
Italian Herb Mix
Veggies and Fruits
2-3 yellow onions
2-3 Bell peppers
Zucchini 2-3 lbs
8 oz mushrooms
Fresh ginger root
Head of Cauliflower
Potato 1 small
Tomatoes 2-3 lbs
Yellow Bell Pepper
Large head of Romaine lettuce
Minced Garlic (Because garlic is in so many of my meals I buy a large jar of pre-minced garlic, available in the un-refrigerated, shelved section of the store)
Petite diced or crushed tomatoes
Can Black beans or Pinto Beans
Garbanzo Beans 1 can
Olives- Kalamata or Black
Hot dog buns
Panko bread crumbs
Cashew or Almond milk
BBQ Sauce for Pizza
Salsa and hot sauce
Olive oil spray
All purpose flour
Red wine Vinegar
Apple Cider Vinegar
Rice Basmati or instant
Veggie Better Than Bullion
Roasted Cauliflower Steaks, Creamy Shell Salad
Calling the cauliflower pieces “steaks” might be stretching the meaning of the word but whatever you call them, these oven roasted pieces of yum are worth making and eating often.They were easy and quick, perfect for a busy weekday. The Creamy Shell Salad complimented the Cauliflower and made a great packed lunch the next day.
- Either cook your pasta shells in the morning or get them cooking and get it in the fridge to cool as fast as possible.
- Save approximately ¼-½ c. of the cauliflower for the bbq pizza later in the week. I did not use fresh thyme on the cauliflower steaks; dried worked great.
Cauliflower Steaks Recipe: http://www.eatwell101.com/roasted-cauliflower-steaks-recipe
Creamy Shells Salad: View Recipe
Chipotle Style Bean and Rice Bowl
Filling comfort food, this meal hits the spot and sticks with you for a great meal.
Chipotle Style Bean and Rice Bowl: View Recipe
Italian Chopped Salad with Penne
This is a hearty salad that will feed you dinner and leave a lunch or two and it’s even better the second day.
Notes: The original recipe does not call for Penne but it is a great addition. Simply boil desired amount of noodles according to packaging directions. Once cooked drain noodles and spread them on a plate in the freezer to cool. Be careful not to leave them in too long or they will freeze.
Italian Chopped Salad with Penne Recipe: http://www.theharvestkitchen.com/italian-chopped-salad/
Vegan BBQ Veggie Pizza
Wow. Just wow. This pizza is amazing! While you could certainly add cheese to this pizza I strongly recommend that you try it first. The flavors and textures combine to give a rich, flavorful, meaty dining experience. If you want a side dish simply throw together a salad.
Notes: Use your preferred pizza dough recipe, or try this yeast-free dough. No need to wait while it rises.
I did not make the scratch-made bbq sauce. Instead I combined two sauces to get the flavor I wanted.
Pizza Recipe: https://veganinthefreezer.com/vegan-bbq-veggie-pizza/
Zucchini Spaghetti, Salad
Zucchini makes a great low calorie substitute for pasta, and it is easy to prepare. Top it with our healthy, hearty sauce for a satisfying, flavor-packed meal.
- I tried using a spiralizer but found it simpler to use a peeler to turn the zucchini into a pile of peel, ready to cook. They can just as easily be sliced into rounds for cooking.
- Don’t underestimate how much of this you will eat. There is always less than I thought when it is done cooking.
Zucchini “Noodles”: View Recipe
Spaghetti Sauce: View Recipe