Monday- Pita Pizzas, Salad
Tuesday- Burritos, Salad
Wednesday- Rice Soup, Salad
Thursday- Stuffed Shells, Salad, Garlic Bread
Friday- Portobello Burgers, Oven Fries
- Remember to only buy what you need, not what you have! A quick check of your pantry and fridge might save you $$ and time.
- If your spice collections is small your cost will be higher at the start, but your tastebuds will thank you for your purchases.
Veggies and Fruits
2-3 sweet yellow onions
Portobello Mushrooms 8 oz
Extra Firm Tofu
Salad Fixings for 3-4 salads, such as lettuce, tomato, cucumber, etc.
Minced Garlic (Because garlic is in so many of my meals I buy a large jar of pre-minced garlic, available in the un-refrigerated, shelved section of the store)
Worcestershire sauce or liquid smoke (vegan option)
Grated Parmesan (Vegan or regular, your choice)
2 Can Black Beans
Soft Tortillas for burritos
Jumbo Pasta Shells
24 oz marinara sauce or tomato sauce
Better than bullion veggie broth mix
Lemon or Lime Juice
Apple Sauce (Optional, for homemade marinara sauce)
Garlic bread (optional, can make your own)
Pizza Sauce or tomato sauce to make your own
Pita Pizza, Salad
Easy, nutritious, and a crowd pleaser, pita pizzas are a great meal for any day of the week. They make monday dinners quick and simple.
Notes: Customize your pita pizzas to the people you will be feeding, or better yet, let them top their own pizzas.
Pita Pizza: View Recipe
Once the rice is cooked these burritos go together fast. Top them with anything you like and save leftovers because they make great lunches!
Notes: Cook extra rice for the rice soup tomorrow.
Simple Burritos: View Recipe
Rice Soup, Salad, Toasted Italian Bread
This soup came together fast and made for a great light dinner. It became more summery by pairing it with salad and toasted Italian Bread.
- Using leftover rice speeds up the soup production time.
- Make your salad once the soup is on.
- Put your Italian Bread in the oven or toaster when the soup is almost done and toast it to crispy-but-not-burnt perfection.
Vegan No Chicken and Rice Soup: http://kathysvegankitchen.com/recipe/vegan-no-chicken-rice-soup/
Vegan Stuffed Shells, Garlic Bread, Salad
I love stuffed shells, but the traditional cheese based shells can be very rich and heavy. In these shells tofu stands in for the cheese, lightening the shells and upping the protein content. They stay the same amazing, cheesy meal, but better.
- Use pre made garlic bread or make your own by spreading Italian bread with vegan butter, sprinkling it with garlic powder, pepper, and salt, then toasting till slightly crisp.
- I boiled my shells in a large pot so they had room to move without being damaged.
- Make your own marinara sauce with 24 oz tomato sauce. Add Italian seasoning, garlic powder, onion powder, pepper, salt, and apple sauce to taste, mix well.
- These shells were not done in the recommended cook time, so continue to bake until sauce is bubbling and hot, perhaps as much as 20-30 minutes longer than recommended.
Vegan Stuffed Shells Recipe: https://www.popsugar.com/fitness/Vegan-Stuffed-Shells-36258405
Portobello Burgers, Oven Fries
I wanted to try a new burger recipe, and this one looked good. The burgers turned out flavorful and they had a great texture, not the mush that some veggie burgers become.
I used baby bella mushrooms because I had them and they are cheaper than the full grown mushrooms. They worked fine.
Chunky Portabella Veggie Burgers Recipe: https://www.thekitchenwhisperer.net/2014/04/12/chunky-portabella-veggie-burgers/
Oven Fries Recipe: https://minimalistbaker.com/crispy-baked-garlic-matchstick-fries/