Monday- Eggplant Scallops, Pesto Toast, Salad
Tuesday- Mexican Stackups
Wednesday- Wrap, Salad
Thursday- Lasagna, Salad, Garlic Bread
Friday- Shish Kebabs, Tabouleh, Pita Bread
- Remember to only buy what you need, not what you have! A quick check of your pantry and fridge might save you $$ and time.
- If your spice collections is small your cost will be higher at the start, but your tastebuds will thank you for your purchases.
Veggies and Fruits
2-3 sweet yellow onions
2-3 Japanese Eggplants
1-2 Beefsteak Tomatoes
4 small-medium size red potatoes
Red and Green Bell Peppers
Baby Bella Mushrooms 16 oz
Spaghetti or pizza sauce for lasagna
3 Bunches of Parsley
Minced Garlic (Because garlic is in so many of my meals I buy a large jar of pre-minced garlic, available in the un-refrigerated, shelved section of the store)
Whole Wheat Linguini
Sliced Italian Bread
All purpose Flour
Unsweetened plain almond milk
Large Tortillas or Wraps
1 can Black Beans
Oven Ready Lasagna Noodles
Regular or Vegan Ricotta or Cottage Cheese
Vegan Mozzarella Cheese
Garlic bread: homemade or Pre-made
Eggplant Scallops, Vegan Garlic Pasta, Pesto Toast, Salad
Guests came today so I made a bit fancier dinner to showcase vegan yummies.
- I use linguini instead of penne pasta.
- Instead of grape tomatoes I cut roma tomatoes into chunks.
- Instead of shallots I used sweet onions.
- Pesto usually includes dairy. I used this recipe: https://www.goodinthesimple.com/simple-basil-pesto-vegan-dairy-free/
Eggplant Scallops: View Recipe
Open-face Roasted Tomato Sandwich: https://www.cearaskitchen.com/roasted-tomato-pesto-melt-vegan-healthy-gluten-free-easy/
Creamy Vegan Garlic Pasta With Roasted Tomatoes Recipe: https://minimalistbaker.com/creamy-vegan-garlic-pasta-with-roasted-tomatoes/#_a5y_p=1521776
Growing up this meal was the quick, fresh, dinner that made everyone happy.
Mexican Stack-ups: View Recipe
Vegan Wrap, Salad
This meal grew out a meal that didn’t work. I made a roasted potato/veggie meal but it did not taste very good. That meal became the filling for this wrap.
Notes: Start your potatoes, then make the salad. At that point you should be ready to assemble the wraps. Who would have thought BBQ sauce and guacamole Yum!
Vegan Wrap Recipe: https://wellandfull.com/2017/03/my-favorite-vegan-wrap/
Vegetarian Lasagna, Salad, Garlic Bread
I just felt like eating lasagna. I love lasagna. If I had a decent vegan food store near me this meal could have been vegan. In the absence of one, it this is mostly vegan lasagna. I used vegan mozzarella cheese but there was no vegan ricotta or cottage cheese available so I used regular cottage cheese.
Notes: Oven ready noodles make this meal easy to assemble. After the lasagna is in make your salad. In the last 10-15 minutes prepare to put your garlic bread in the oven. Use pre-made garlic bread or make your own by buttering italian bread slices with vegan butter, then sprinkle the slices with garlic salt, pepper, and salt. Swipe a butter knife over it several times then toast in the oven until it reaches the desired level of crispness.
Lasagna Recipe: View Recipe
Shish Kebabs, Taboule, Pita Bread
Awesome flavors compliment each other in this fun, fresh dinner.
- Instead of basting the kababs I marinaded my veggies as soon as they were sliced. Tossing them in the marinade covered them evenly, giving an awesome flavor.
- Cook your quinoa, drain it, then spread it on a plate in the feezer until it is cooled.
Kabob Recipe: http://damndelicious.net/2014/08/22/vegetable-kabobs/
Tabouleh Recipe: http://damndelicious.net/2014/08/22/vegetable-kabobs/